There is a very good argument for a fully analogue monitor. The bandwidth and dynamics of a true analogue system will show up the character of the digital system preceding it. It also removes issues with bit rate conversion and other compatibility matters.
By using high quality linear power supplies we can maintain maximum transient power up to double the rated value. Bi-amplification further enhances the power headroom and results in the lowest possible distortion values. By using 35V power rails the Egg is capable of high transient sound levels from a relatively modest amplifier compliment.
Frequency Response is the most common way to illustrate the performance of a loudspeaker. This plot shows the on axis 1/3 Octave response of the Egg150 at a distance of 500mm with no modification or manipulation. The -6dB points are at 40Hz and 22kHz and each can be adjusted to suit individual rooms and taste.
This plot is a high resolution (1dB/div) measurement of the bass port and driver at a point equidistant between the two from 50Hz to 500Hz. It shows perfect summing between the two with absolutely no phase or amplitude distortion. This accounts for the absolutely stunning transient response of the Egg.
- Unique monocoque shell construction (rigid and resonant neutral)
- Near zero diffraction interference (smooth frequency response)
- No internal standing waves (greatly reduced smearing)
- Perfect bass port integration (superb transient response)
- Free standing control unit and integrated amplification with 3m matched speaker cables
- Dual input switching and level control
- Ultra fast and low distortion (4*50W) with 100W/Channel headroom indicator
- Precise 'sweet spot' – unique LED locator guide beams
- EGG Nest base with adjustable vertical alignment (allows for perfect sweet spot in both vertical and horizontal planes)
- Precision trim pots for bass (LF) and High Frequency (HF) calibration
- Critical Mid Frequency equalisation for ‘Hard’, ‘Soft’ or ‘Reference’ (0) listening